Forklift Truck Operator
A Forklift Operator is responsible for using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment to load, unload, move, stack, stage and count product and materials.
The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties. They use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving and putaway, as required.
|White Card||Asbestos Cert.||Drivers Licence||High Risk Work||18 years +|
To be a Forklift Operator you need to enjoy outdoor, practical work and be physically fit. You need to be able to work as part of a team and have good time management skills.
- efficiently move, stack and store merchandise in the appropriate areas,
- on a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment,
- perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards,
- maintain the facility’s equipment and materials, and keep a clean, neat, and orderly work area,
- operate all equipment following prescribed work methods, and comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards,
- unload and load shipments safely.
All construction workers need a White Card and Asbestos Awareness Training to work on a construction site in the ACT.
Check with your RTO to see if you are eligible for an ACT Training Fund Authority Subsidy. This will reduce the cost of your training. Training will also vary from RTO to RTO.
|RTO Hours + Costs||White Card||Asbestos|
|16 hours + check RTO costs||6 hours + < $500||4 hours + < $500|