Also known as:
Cement Plasterer, Cement Renderer.
Solid plasterers apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement or similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of buildings. Solid plasterers work alone or in teams of two or three.
|White Card||Asbestos Cert.||Drivers Licence||High Risk Work||18 years +|
To be a Solid Plasterer you need to enjoy practical work and have good hand-eye coordination. You also need to be able to learn how to work from plans and be willing to work at heights on scaffolding or ladders. Solid Plasterers need good health and stamina and be free from allergies to materials used.
- level and straighten corners, angles, and wall and ceiling surfaces,
- clean and prepare surfaces by stapling wire-mesh frames, or roughening with mechanical hammers,
- mix and apply coats of plaster, cement, render or similar materials to walls and ceilings, levelling and smoothing them using trowels,
- apply finishing coats of plaster to give a smooth finish or decorative texture,
- fix precast cornices and panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings,
- render exterior walls and molds,
- finish underside of concrete floors with a mixture of cement and granite chips or blue metal, and
- erect scaffolding and trestles (subject to licence requirements in some states or territories).
All construction workers need a White Card and Asbestos Awareness Training to work on a construction site in the ACT.
|RTO Hours + Costs||White Card||Asbestos|
|3 – 4 year apprenticeship or as trade assistant||6 hours + < $500||4 hours + < $500|
RTOs that deliver training for Solid Plastering/Rendering in the ACT: