Do you want to work in the Building & Construction industry in Canberra but don’t know where to start?  Search job descriptions for a list of the skills, training and licences you may need, as well as where to get further information and help.

Trade Assistant Icon 300x300

Trade Assistant/Labourer

A builder’s labourer assists on construction sites and helps write my paper other trades people with a range of manual site preparation work. They are skilled workers able to use a range of construction tools.

Find out more

High Risk Icon 300x300

High Risk Occupations

You may need to get an ACT High Risk Work Licence to do some jobs in the building and construction industry in Canberra. This involves training and assessment from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

Find out more

Apprenticeship Icon 300x300


If you are allowed to work in Australia, you may be able to do an Australian Apprenticeships. Apprenticeship are available to school-leavers, and job-seekers re-entering the workforce or changing their career.

Find out more

RTO Icon 300x300


A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is a recognised training provider able to deliver nationally recognised courses, qualifications and assessment. A number of RTOs in the ACT offer construction courses.

Find out more